Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Young Kristen Stewart won over future agent with dreidel song



Kristen Stewart landed her talent agent after impressing him with a "serious dreidEl song" during a "forced" school performance when she was eight years old.

The actress, now 21, admits she did not want to take part in the variety show and ended up having to sing a mundane tune about the traditional Jewish spinning top most associated with the Hanukkah holiday - but it was enough to grab the attention of a talent scout watching from the audience.She tells W magazine, "It's weird, because I would be the last person in my school to be in plays, but I was forced to sing a song in a school thing. I sang a dreidel song, which is funny for me. I've never celebrated Hanukkah - it wasn't in my upbringing, but it was one of those deals where everybody has to pick a song or participate somehow in the chorus. It wasn't the normal dreidel song; I can't really remember the words, but it was a more serious dreidel song.

No comments:

Post a Comment