Friday, August 19, 2011

Vamp Glam: Recreating Kristen Stewart’s W Magazine cover look

You know what I love about August? The issues. The SEPTEMBER issues. The holy-grail of fashion mags that rolls around once a year and serves as a spectacular prelude to New York Fashion Week. There have been some amazing covers so far but my personal favorite is Kristen Stewart on W Magazine. I’m only familiar with Kristen’s work from some of her indie film roles but she is incredibly talented and perhaps best known for playing a tomboy. Especially in her earlier roles. I have to say, if I ever questioned Kristen Stewart’s transformative abilities, I should eat my words. This cover and the amazing spread inside are nothing but one hundred percent glam and a serious homage to the 60′s Barbella “vamp” glam.


I know I’m not the only one buzzing about Kristen Stewart’s cover look. Everyone seems to be giving kudos for the stunning shoot. And so, just like Kristen Stewart – I’m stepping out of my comfort zone and giving you guys a step-by-step guide on how to recreate this look yourself. Enjoy!



EYES -
Start with a shimmery, white/light silver eyeshadow and apply on your brow bone and in the inner corners of your eyes. I like to use MAC Eyeshadow in White Frost. For that silvery, sultry look use a cream or liquid eyeshadow, such as Covergirl Intense ShadowBlast in Platinum Pop. Apply that generously on your lid and be sure to blend it in. To line your eyes, first use a eyeliner pencil on your waterline. This intensifies the drama and is something I do almost daily to accentuate my eyes. My go-to is MAC Eye Kohl in Smolder. Then, use the same eye pencil to line your upper and lower lash line. To get the winged liner effect that has become so popular lately (and is featured in Kristen’s cover look), I turn you over to my friend Susan Linney. Trust me, you’d be in much better hands if you learned how to do that part from her. Thankfully, she has an amazing article on how to get achieve a winged liner effect on Meets Obsession. You can also read more about Susan’s beauty tips from the Fashionista Friday feature I did with her a couple weeks ago. Top off your eyes by generously applying a volumous mascara to your lashes. I use Covergirl LashBlast Fusion as my daily go-to.

No comments:

Post a Comment