Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fox News: Kristen Stewart Was Self-Conscious of 'Tomboy' Quality

From the glamorous look of Kristen Stewart on the cover of September's W Magazine one would never think that the actress was ever labeled a tomboy; but Stewart tells the magazine it's a characterization she's had to fight most of her life.

When W magazine asked the 21-year-old about her "tomboy quality," Stewart responded, "I have brothers, and that so-called boyish quality was something that I was deathly self-conscious about when I was younger. I was, like, No, I'm a girl. Actually, I'm still embarrassed to say that."

Stewart also said that she wasn't "cutsey" as a child, and that's why she was in commercials and movies that kids likely didn't see.

Although the "Twilight" actress conveyed a self-consciousness about her appearance in the interview, Stewart admitted that she doesn't mind to watch the movies she has done, but gets embarrassed to see her younger self in her first films.




"I get embarrassed. It's weird, too: I'm 10 years old in Panic Room, and that's a version of myself that's pretty far away, but it doesn't feel that far away to me," Stewart explained.
The "Twilight" actress is gearing up for the release of the first part of "Breaking Dawn" this fall, which will be in theaters Nov. 18 and Part II will be released sometime in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment